How to make coffee scrub at home
How to make coffee scrub at home!
Here at Beyond, we have had several requests for formulas and the main one has always been surrounding usage of left over coffee granules and scrubs. Making a coffee scrub at home is simple and can provide several benefits for your skin. Coffee grounds are a natural exfoliant that can help remove dead skin cells, and using coconut oil moisturizes and nourishes the skin. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to make a homemade coffee scrub:
- 1/2 cup coffee grounds (used coffee grounds work well)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rose water (you can adjust the amount for desired consistency)
- Gather Your Ingredients: Assemble all the ingredients you'll need for your coffee scrub.
- Prepare the Coffee Grounds:
- If you're using fresh coffee grounds, you can brew a strong cup of coffee and then let the grounds cool down.
- If you have used coffee grounds from your morning coffee, make sure they are dry.
- In a mixing bowl, add the coffee grounds.
- Melt the coconut oil if it's in a solid state (you can do this by gently heating it).
- Pour the melted coconut oil into the coffee grounds and mix well.
- Gradually add rose water to the mixture until you achieve your desired consistency. You can add more or less rose water based on your preference. The scrub should be thick enough to apply easily but not too runny.
- Before using the scrub, ensure your skin is clean and damp. You can use it on your face or body.
- Take a small amount of the coffee scrub and gently massage it onto your skin using circular motions. Be gentle to avoid irritating your skin.
- Focus on areas that may need extra exfoliation, such as elbows, knees, and heels.
Note: Be cautious when using the coffee scrub on your face, as the coffee grounds can be abrasive. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to use a milder exfoliant or do a patch test first to ensure your skin can tolerate it.
Using this homemade coffee scrub can leave your skin feeling smoother and refreshed. It's a cost-effective way to enjoy the benefits of coffee for your skin in the comfort of your home from all of us here at Beyond Organic Skincare.